January 14th, 2015 by Angela Hetrick
The Coventry Village Special Improvement District (CVSID) in the Coventry Village neighborhood of Cleveland Heights is seeking a part-time maintenance specialist (approx 30 hour per week) to join our maintenance crew.
Our ideal candidate has a positive “can-do” attitude, is responsible, reliable, familiar with the neighborhood and has basic repair and maintenance skills and experience operating maintenance related equipment.
Help us make Coventry Village a beautiful and safe place to live, work and play!
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- - Operates sidewalk plow-trucks, trimmers, sprayers, graffiti removal equipment, standard tools and other equipment in the maintenance of neighborhood right-of-ways.
- - Performs semi-skilled, skilled, and manual labor associated with neighborhood maintenance activities.
- - Removes weeds, trash, debris, and discarded items from public right-of-ways, sidewalks, roadways, alleys, and other public property.
- - Maintains power tools and equipment to ensure proper and safe working conditions, and monitors for repair and replacement.
- - Monitors alleys and streets during and following neighborhood cleanup projects, removes trash and debris left at cleanup drop-box sites following cleanups, and coordinates removal of large objects left in the right-of-way.
- - Observes the Coventry Village neighborhood and and submits recommendations to the supervisor.
- - Assures that all laws, ordinances, codes, rules, and regulations pertaining to neighborhood are adhered to, timelines are followed, and deadlines are met.
- - Interacts with the public during cleanup projects and assists other City departments in cleanup activities at the direction of the CVSID maintenance supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- - Basic knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques, operating procedures and equipment used in snow removal, weeding, trash, graffiti, and debris removal, including the application of painting materials and the operation of equipment used for landscape maintenance; occupational hazards and safety practices along with traffic work zone safety
- - Good knowledge of: the Coventry Village neighborhood, businesses operating in the neighborhood and street locations
- - Use initiative and sound judgment within established procedural guidelines; work independently under minimal supervision; plan, organize, prioritize work, and meet critical deadlines; and provide technical assistance to others;
- - Safely operate and maintain equipment, specialized hand and power tools, and motorized equipment used to remove weeds, trash, debris, and graffiti from public right-of-ways;
- - Communicate effectively with individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural diverse backgrounds; handle sensitive issues, and deal constructively with conflict and develop effective resolutions; use sound judgment in handling sensitive issues;
- - Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- - Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and those contacted in the course of work;
- - Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- - Must consent to standard criminal background check
- - Mobility sufficient to safely move in an office environment and travel to locations outside the office to work sites, including bending, stooping, sitting, kneeling, reaching, stretching, climbing, and balancing; and sufficient to enter, exit, and operate a motor vehicle.
- - Dexterity sufficient to safely operate manual and power tools, light duty equipment and other equipment used in the course of work.
- - Strength and stamina sufficient to safely walk, climb, and safely lift, move, and carry supplies, materials, and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds; and to load and unload equipment and materials.
- - Endurance sufficient to safely walk, stand, and sit for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift.
Primary work environment is outdoors and incumbent will be required to work in adverse weather conditions with temperatures ranging from below 30 degrees to above 90 degrees. May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hourly salary is based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email email@example.com with prior work history, experience, contact information and cover letter of interest. Subject Line: Coventry Village Maintenance Position