Coventry Village Special Improvement District seeks an energetic and experienced Special Events Coordinator to contribute to the planning and
execution of the events associated with and leading up to the Coventry Village
The Coventry Village Summer Series is an annual outdoor
series of weekly and special events hosted in our business district, courtyard,
parks, and special facilities.
Reporting to the CVSID board of directors and Coventry
Village merchants, the coordinator will help to ensure that all festival
related events are produced at a high level of quality that satisfies the
requirements of all stakeholders.
This is a part-time, seasonal, W-9
- Coordinate and execute Coventry Village Summer Series event logistics, including permitting, closures, event layout, load-in, set-up, execution of programming, and load-out.
- Hire and supervise event staff and outside vendors, as needed.
- Booking and contract negotiations with entertainers and event vendors.
- Communicate event logistics and cooperative needs with event staff, and vendors, Coventry merchants, property owners, merchants and city officials.
- Site planning with outside vendors to ensure event location(s) meets execution requirements, and arrange for needs not met
- Ensure that all insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to prior to start of the event.
- Identify staffing and volunteer needs. Ensure all shifts are filled with trained professionals, additional staff (as needed) and volunteers (when applicable.)
- Produce logistics documents for special events including event
layout, timeline and event maps.
- Organize and track all event equipment and
promotional supplies, ensuring the safe return of event collateral to storage.
- Maintains all necessary records associated with each event, communicating with finance
- Ensure all vendor / staff billing is accurate and submit requests for deposits and ensure related billing is processed in a timely fashion
- Coordinate invoicing of vendor payments, deposits, event staff payments, and event rentals with accounting.
- Ensures that all financial commitments are within the allocated budget.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the organization
during interactions with vendors, sponsors, public, and other constituent
groups throughout the community
- Coordinates distribution of summer series related
promotional materials to the public
- Significant experience in the planning, marketing, and operations of community/public/outdoor events preferred
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization (merchants, city officials, board of directors, community members, event vendors, etc.)
- Basic understanding of set up and operation of live sound and audio-visual equipment
- Able to work independently with little direction when necessary
- Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent hands-on team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Able to endure long periods of time standing or moving frequently
- Flexibility to accommodate the work schedule
- This is a seasonal contract position beginning May, 2018 – August 2018
- The position will be roughly 15- 20 hours per week from May – August (which includes roughly 8 hours per week pre-event follow up with event vendors, event staff, entertainers and city officials), + 6 hours per week setting up, overseeing movie nights)
- Monthly festival style events are 8 to 12 hour on-site commitment, depending on the event.
- The position involves some weekend and evening work related to the Summer Series events
- Mandatory attendance at all Thursday night outdoor movies (weekly) and Summer Series Weekend Special events
- This position cannot support vacations or time off during the larger scheduled monthly special events due to the magnitude of the events.
Job Type: Part-time,
Seasonal W-9 Contract position.
Salary to commensurate
with experience. Interested candidates should send a resume along with a cover
letter of interest to email@example.com.